Manicure and Pedicure
This part time Manicure and Pedicure course running in Dublin City is delivered 1 evening a week over 16 weeks.
There are no previous academic requirements.
- Course content:
- Shaping, cuticle removal and the application of nail enamel.
- Recognition of nail diseases and disorders.
- Structure of the nail and skin.
- Use of specialised nail treatments such as hot oil, paraffin wax, hand masks, thermal mittens and boots.
- How to sanitize client’s hands.
- Understand products and tools such as emery boards, cuticle cream, hoof stick, pedicure rasp, buffing paste, etc .
- How to file nails correctly according to shape.
- Use of base coat, buffing, enamel and top coat.